Every Dollar Makes a Difference!
$1 a week buys . . .
- 12 elementary school students with trained volunteer tutors to help with reading and math
- 10 children with bilingual beginning-to-read books to build early literacy skills
- Three 30-minute appointments for health assessment and counseling for individuals facing physical, developmental or mental health challenges
- 1 acre of unprotected tropical rainforest which assures protection of the natural areas vital to our climate and diverse species
- 1 hour of expert training for a citizen's group interested in preserving natural areas in their communities
. . . that's $52 a year
$5 a week buys . . .
- 2 months of meals for a homebound person
- 5 wigs for children with cancer undergoing chemotherapy
- 2 nights of shelter for a troubled or neglected youth
- After school care (food, health, recreation, and homework help) for one child for a year
- Clothing, shoes and a winter coat for an individual who has lost everything in a home fire
- Temporary shelter for a family of 4 for 3 nights following a disaster, or shelter for 10 people for 1 night
- 3 bowling trips for seniors
- Gas or power service for an elderly or disabled person who has been threatened with a utilities termination notice
. . . that's $260 a year
$10 a week buys . . .
- 2 days of care for a terminally ill individual
- Baby formula for 52 low-income infants (1 each week)
- A full year of scouting for 2 girls
- 5 and a half weeks of work training
- 1 month of preschool for a child at risk of falling through the cracks
- Funding for daily radio legislative updates, during the legislative session and monthly for interim committees
- Lightweight wheelchair for a person who is physically challenged
- Posters and other educational materials to inform national park visitors about steps they can take to help prevent increased air pollution in their parks
- 5 people being treated for mental illness to attend recovery classes that provide education, peer support, and healing strategies
. . . that's $520 a year
Thank you for making a difference!